Pages

11 March 2013

Motivational Monday

Ciao tutti!

I had a really interesting evening at school today, and heard a quote that I think everyone needs to hear. For those of you who have seen The Pursuit of Happyness (I actually had to ask Google why the title is spelled incorrectly!), you'll probably remember. At one point during the movie Will Smith tells his son:

"Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. ... You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. 
If you want somethin', go get it. Period."

Take 2 minutes and watch it if you haven't already seen it.



This hits home, but let me clarify. No one has told me that I won't make it as a Fashion Buyer. But what I do hear constantly is people telling me either that I won't find a job here, or that if I do, I'll make about 100€ per month. As I near the end of my program, this happens more and more often. I usually just try to brush it off, because I know that isn't the case. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy, but I didn't just decide to pursue my dream willy-nilly. I did my research. I'm doing this because there are jobs available as a buyer, especially for those who work hard at it. 

So today, I declare that I will make it as a buyer, where I want, and getting paid what I want. It's my dream, and I'm going to go get it! Period.

2 comments:

  1. I believe in you, Pooks! Got get em! xo We've come a long way from Canoe!

    ReplyDelete