Pages

26 September 2012

La Settimana Della Moda

It's FASHION WEEK in Milano! Well it was, until yesterday.

Super exciting.

Even more exciting is that I scored invites to four shows. All standing room, but beggars can't be choosers. And standing room isn't that bad when you're aggressive and make sure you're standing at the front of everyone else who is standing. ;)

Simonetta Ravizza
My first official fashion show in Milano. I wasn't familiar with the designer, but after hearing that she's known for her furs I was looking forward to seeing what she could do with furs for Spring.* Wrong. I guess she doesn't do a lot of fur for spring. Oops. The show was interesting though! Some great looking pieces (and some others that looked like something Wilma Flintstone would wear), a cool vibe, and a neat location.
* I'm not anti-fur.

Alberta Ferretti
I think this was my favourite show of the season. What came down the runway was beautiful, ethereal even. I only got a photo of the outside, where we stood around and people watched until we were allowed in. So you'll have to go here if you want to check out the runway shots. Again, cool location.

Frankie Morello
A much different scene than the first two shows, these designs are a lot younger and the show made me want to party (even though it was 10am on a Saturday morning!). Bright colours and funky shapes. Fun. As the week went on, my photo skills just went downhill and all I got was a photo of the outside of the castle. Yes, the show was in the castle courtyard. NBD.

And the pièce de résistance...

GIORGIO ARMANI
Correct. I actually attended this show. With Anna Wintour. Triple NBD. Ok, that's a small lie. She attended the 7pm show and my ticket was actually for the 8pm show. Let me tell you, that woman is all business. I was watching a video of one of the other shows, and at the end when the lights went down you could see the outline of someone in the front row getting up and leaving, way ahead of anyone else, actually bolting for the door. Watching the 7pm show exit, and seeing her come out about 3 minutes before anyone else, I realized that was her bolting from the other show I watched! Fascinating... at least, to me. I wouldn't believe me either, so I'm leaving you with two horrible photos (the quality, not the content). Oh and for the record, the Armani show was beautiful.
My good friend, Anna, making a run for it.
My good friend, Giorgio, basking in our adoration.
I know, I have friends in high places.

No comments:

Post a Comment